Vegan Banana Pancakes
Todd C. Miller
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder (double this for sea level)
- 3/8 teaspoon baking soda (double this for sea level)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal, dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 3/4 cup non-dairy milk, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons coconut or vegetable oil
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- In a small bowl, mix flax seed meal and warm water, let sit for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add non-dairy milk, oil and flax seed mixture to the bowl with the bananas.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Lightly oil the griddle or frying pan once it has come up to temperature.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/3 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side) .
- Serve hot.