- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger plus 1/4 cup julienned fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large scallions (or 6 small), trimmed
- 1/2 cup mango chutney, large pieces chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Slice chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- Toss with coriander, grated ginger, 2 teaspoons oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Marinate at room temperature 15 minutes (or longer, or overnight, in the refrigerator).
- Thinly slice white parts of scallions. Julienne green parts; set aside.
- Stir together chutney, broth and garlic in a small bowl.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a wok (or 12-inch nonstick skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Add scallion whites and julienned ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and stir-fry until thoroughly cooked, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add scallion greens and chutney mixture; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Transfer to shallow bowls with hot cooked rice.
- Sprinkle with almonds (if using) and serve.