Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
My ginger-molasses cookies have the perfect balance of sugar and spice. Molasses gives them soft and chewy centers, which I prefer over traditional crunchy ginger snaps.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup vegan margarine
- ¾ cup sugar, plus extra for rolling
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 or 3 large baking sheets with silpat
or parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda,
baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat margarine, sugar, molasses,
and water until well combined. Slowly beat in the flour mixture.
- Scoop about 1 rounded tablespoon of dough at a time, and roll
the domed part of each scoop in sugar.
- Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 to 12
minutes. Let cookies cool on pan when done.