Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice
Todd C. Miller
6-8 hours Minutes
Adapted from the Camellia Beans recipe
- 1 lb. red kidney beans (Camellia brand if possible)
- 12 oz andouille or kielbasa, sliced 1/4" - 1/2"
- 3.5 cups water or chicken stock (more if not using soaked beans)
- (add 2 cups extra if not using crock pot)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (optional)
- 1 rib celery (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbs fresh chopped parsely
- 1 large bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- cajun seasoning to taste
- Soak beans overnight, then rinse after soaking.
- Add all ingredients except seasonings to crock pot (beans will be creamier without salt).
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add salt, pepper, and creole seasoning to taste.
- 30 minutes before serving, crush some of the beans against the side of the pot with a wooden spoon. This will give the beans a creamier texture.